We all enjoy the convenience of a protein shake; it’s an easy way to get in extra protein. On some days our taste buds ask us for something a little more elaborate. But if you’re not a natural in the kitchen it can be a tough task to follow a recipe that satiates your high protein cravings. Fortunately, we got you covered with some great tasting recipes that are easy to follow. We asked some of our Kaged athletes one question: “What’s your favorite Micropure Whey Protein Isolate recipe?”
Cinnamon Roll Protein Isolate Muesli
I have this any time of the day whether it be for breakfast, lunch, or as a meal replacement when I have a craving for something sweet.
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
- 2 cups of oats, roasted
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- Water (add as much as needed)
- Roast the oats at 365 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- After the oats are cooked, add the raisins, blueberries, chia seeds, flaxseeds, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, and Cinnamon Roll Micropure Whey Protein Isolate.
- Serve in a bowl and keep adding water until it’s a creamy consistency.
1,816 calories, 72 g of fat, 198 g of carbohydrates, 94 g of protein
Vanilla Isolate Protein Pancakes
Tawna Eubanks – IFBB Bikini Pro - Protein pancakes using Vanilla Micropure Whey Protein are my go-to. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it's good to eat at any time of the day! Depending on your fitness goals this would be great for either breakfast, post workout, or breakfast for dinner, which is always a good idea to cure that sweet tooth at night.
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Micropure Whey Protein Isolate
- ¼ cup of liquid egg whites (or as needed)
- ½ cup of raw oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet of Stevia or Splenda
- Butter spray
- Sugar-free syrup
- Choice of toppings (optional)
- Fruit: strawberries, blueberries, bananas
- Sugar-free syrup
- Natural peanut butter
- Fat-free Cool Whip
- In a bowl, mix Micropure Whey Protein Isolate, oats, sweetener, and liquid egg whites.
- Once mixed, pour into a small pancake pan.
- Cook on low to medium heat. Once golden brown, flip to the other side. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add toppings of your choice. Serve.
Serving Size: 1 Pancake. This is based on the main ingredients before toppings or add-ins.
313 calories, 4 grams of fat, 34 g of carbohydrates, 37 g of protein
High Protein Oats and Berries
This recipe makes for the perfect breakfast after morning conditioning or CrossFit training.
- Place oats and mixed berries into a bowl.
- Heat water, then pour over oats and berries mixture allowing it to cook.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then add Micropure Whey Protein Isolate and mix well.
320 calories, 4 g of fat, 41 g of carbohydrates, 30 g of protein
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal
Michael Wittig – IPE Natural Pro - This delicious recipe is one of my go-tos for breakfast.
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Micropure Whey Protein Isolate
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tbsp of baking cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp of sweetener
- 2 tbsp of non-fat Greek yogurt, unflavored
- Add milk and oats together in a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until mixed. Serve.
648 calories, 20 g fat, 63 g carbohydrates, 54 g protein